Chris takes you through the sometimes painful process of setting up a web app.
Fail Safe Email Delivery for Web Apps
By Chris Nagele
I have to be honest with you. If you run a web app and it sends email, right now you’re probably blind. You have an app or site, you setup a local SMTP server and start firing messages through it. You don’t know if they are bouncing, making it to the inbox or just failing altogether.
To be fair, it’s not your fault. This is the way most people handle email. To ensure that those important emails get to the inbox, there is a lot more involved. I’m going to explain how to make it happen in two ways: The hard way and the easy way.
Before getting into the details, I should probably tell you about myself. My company, Wildbit, runs Postmark, which is an API based service for delivering email in web apps. While Postmark is new, we’ve been running Newsberry (an email marketing system) for years, giving us the experience to properly handle a large volume of email for many customers. Let’s jump in.
Read more at thinkvitamin.com
No comments:
Post a Comment