Spammers hacking personal email accounts for spamming
Their seems to be a growing trend and it has been noticed especially in New Zealand for personal email accounts to be hacked for the purpose of spamming the address book of the hacked account.
New Zealanders seem to be targetted in particular by hackers and spammers on Mainland China.
David Farrier from 3 News wrote yesterday about having his account hacked. Published as an article on 3news.co.nz Spam gets Personal
On his blog he says "Last night, someone in china logged into my personal email account and sent this to everyone in my address book."
The message that was spammed from his account went like this
“Last week, I have ordered china product Apple iPad 64GB
This website: dhsellso.com
I've received the item today, it’s amazing!”
David went on to say "I wasn't in China, and I don't own an Ipad. But like lots of other kiwis I've had my email account hijacked to send spam."
No comments:
Post a Comment